In the Neighborhood: What are those buildings going up around the PBC?
The skyline around the Phoenix Bioscience Core is changing big-time.
Besides some of the future construction happening in the PBC, including the University of Arizona’s Center for Advanced Molecular and Immunological Therapies and the Wexford Innovation Labs at 850 PBC, there is also several major projects taking place around the PBC and downtown Phoenix community. As you go about your daily routine at the Phoenix Bioscience Core, have you wondered what those multi-story cranes and workers in lime-colored vests are constructing? Courtesy of AZ Big Media, here’s a recap of your new (building) neighbors:
Skye on 6th. Hubbard Street Group has recently broken ground on Skye on 6th, a 26-story, 309 unit luxury apartment project at the corner of 6th Street and Garfield. The project will offer ground-floor retail, be LEED certified and is expected to be completed by Summer 2023.
Derby. Transwestern Development Company has begun construction on the Derby, a unique micro-unit project in the heart of Roosevelt Row. The project will be a 21-story high-rise featuring 222 residential units over six stories of above-ground parking. All units will come furnished and will average 350-400 sq ft.
Moon Tower. Developer Lincoln Ventures has begun construction on a new 24-story, 326-unit multifamily development. The project will feature luxury amenities, ground-floor retail and is expected to complete in June 2023.
Palmcourt Tower. Offering 352 luxury and workforce residential units, Palmcourt Tower has just begun construction (Q1 2022) at the corner of 5th Street and Van Buren.
Central Station. Two high rise towers will soon bring new residential offerings, student housing, retail, and office suites to the transit center at Central and Van Buren. A total of 365 luxury for-rent units and 693 student housing beds will be added. Developer Medistar will also incorporate current light rail and bus infrastructure into the completed project.
Valley Metro Downtown Hub. Valley Metro is extending their light rail system South and West with the addition of several new platforms in Downtown as well as a new Downtown Station Hub at the intersection of Central and Washington. Due for completion by 2024.
More news from the PBC
- CEI LabForce awarded $1 million for biosciences workforce training program
- University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix receives full reaccreditation for eight years
- Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market launches Good Food Fridays on the Phoenix Bioscience Core
- New ASU research shows critical link between breast cancer, diabetes
- Phoenix Veterans Affairs research team shows power of neoantigens in fighting cancer
- New technology from UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix could expedite blood sample analysis
- TGen, NAU study examines body’s antibody response to COVID-19 vaccine