University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix Inaugural Innovate Medicine Alumni Summit
December 3 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
You are invited to the Inaugural Innovate Medicine Alumni Summit. The event will highlight innovation in medicine led by members of the UArizona College of Medicine – Phoenix community. The forum brings together alumni for a half-day of talks, networking and exchange of experience. The goal is to represent the diverse ways in which we are engaging professionally and personally to advance health care. The event will be offered in-person on campus or virtually via Zoom.
Agenda and Featured Speakers
- 8:30 to 8:55 a.m. – Networking and breakfast
- 8:55 to 9:15 a.m. – Welcome remarks from Dean Guy Reed, MD, MS.
- 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. – Keynote presentation from Dr. Christian Dameff.
- 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. – Ben Connor, MD/PhD Student.
- Topic: Engineering Better Medicine.
- 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. – Francisco Lucio, JD, and Cammy Bellis, MEd
- Topic: ARTinMedEd Program (Anti-racism Transformation in Medicine).
- 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. – Break.
- 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. – Roderic Tung, MD.
- Topic: Saving Young Hearts: CNA Procedure Offers Significant Benefits.
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion: Kathleen Brite, MD, Will Heise, MD, and Christian Dameff, MD, with moderator Shannon Alsobrooks, medical student from the Class of 2025.
- Topic: Where Humanism Meets Technology in Medicine.
Lunch and Closing Remarks
- 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. – Lunchtime presentation from Glen Fogery, PhD, Next Generation of Medical Students, and closing remarks from Dean Reed.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the AC Hotel Phoenix Downtown — 414 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. The event rate is $151 + tax per night. Contact the hotel to make a reservation.
Please note that you must park in the Phoenix Bioscience Core (PBC) Garage — 555 E. Fillmore, Phoenix, AZ 85004 (located at the Southeast corner of 5th St. and Fillmore) — for us to have the ability to provide a validation ticket.