Meet Exact Sciences: The PBC company behind Cologuard
Exact Sciences joined the Phoenix Bioscience Core when it acquired a pair of Phoenix-based startups from the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium. The Wisconsin-based company is most well known for its at-home colorectal screening product, Cologuard.
Exact Sciences Vice President of Precision Oncology Business Operations Kevin Parker sat down with Arizona Horizon to talk about Cologuard and colorectal screenings, and also the benefits of being. apart of the Phoenix Bioscience Core.
“It’s been a great opportunity for us to join the Phoenix Bioscience Core,” Parker said. “We joined that because we think there’s a great opportunity here for growing biotech. This particular area has grown more than the average in terms of biotech jobs, and we’re proud to be part of that.”
You can watch the full interview on Arizona PBS below.
More news from the PBC
- Phoenix: a global destination for bioscience and healthcare innovators
- Phoenix named top 10 city for great downtown living experience.
- Wexford Science & Technology launches Connect Labs, a new life science coworking space on the Phoenix Bioscience Core
- TGen, University of Wisconsin researchers use machine learning to make early detection of cancer more accessible
- NAU’s Occupational Therapy Program receives 10-year reaccreditation
- Northern Arizona University PA student goes to Washington to advocate for Dreamers like herself
- Meet Exact Sciences: The PBC company behind Cologuard