Meet Exact Sciences: The PBC company behind Cologuard
Exact Sciences joined the Phoenix Bioscience Core when it acquired a pair of Phoenix-based startups from the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium. The Wisconsin-based company is most well known for its at-home colorectal screening product, Cologuard.
Exact Sciences Vice President of Precision Oncology Business Operations Kevin Parker sat down with Arizona Horizon to talk about Cologuard and colorectal screenings, and also the benefits of being. apart of the Phoenix Bioscience Core.
“It’s been a great opportunity for us to join the Phoenix Bioscience Core,” Parker said. “We joined that because we think there’s a great opportunity here for growing biotech. This particular area has grown more than the average in terms of biotech jobs, and we’re proud to be part of that.”
You can watch the full interview on Arizona PBS below.
More news from the PBC
- Arizona Board of Regents approves Arizona State University’s new medical school
- University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix receives $3 million NIH grant for lung disease in infants
- Phoenix Bioscience Core seeks new workforce development coordinator to reduce Arizona’s health care workforce
- Recap: 2023 State of the Phoenix Bioscience Core
- City of Phoenix votes to update development plan for Phoenix Bioscience Core
- Flinn Foundation announces recipients of Seed Grants to Promote Translational Research Program
- University of Arizona selects design, build firms for CAMI