NAU’s Occupational Therapy Program receives 10-year reaccreditation
NAU’s Occupational Therapy Program, which is located on the Phoenix Bioscience Core, announced January 13, it received a 10-year reaccreditation from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
ACOTE granted the program 10-year reaccreditation with no areas of non-compliance. This is the longest reaccreditation any OT program can receive, and along with it came accolades for the program’s dedication to the people of Arizona. ACOTE said that the “program director, faculty, and dedicated librarian are applauded for fostering a culture of community and inclusion as recognized by students and fieldwork educators.” Furthermore, they recognized that, “the interprofessional education experiences that students are immersed in create professionals who can advocate for occupational therapy and verbalize all team members as important factors in bringing health and well-being to individuals and populations served.”
NAU’s Occupational Therapy Program is a part of the College of Health and Human Services. The OT program at NAU is Arizona’s only public and nonprofit graduate OT program, which means reaccreditation is particularly valuable to the healthcare system and communities served statewide. Since the program’s inception, graduates have had a 100% pass rate on the national certification exam and more than 80% of NAU’s OT graduates stay in Arizona for their first job post-graduation, according to NAU.
“This is a great moment for our program, our faculty, and our staff, but especially for our students. It shows that NAU’s OT program is achieving excellence and providing a stellar education that prepares them to enter the workforce and care for our communities,” said Dr. Amy Armstrong-Heimsoth, Occupational Therapy Department Chair.
The Phoenix Bioscience Core is also home to NAU’s athletic training, physical therapy and physician assistant studies programs.
More news from the PBC
- Phoenix: a global destination for bioscience and healthcare innovators
- Phoenix named top 10 city for great downtown living experience.
- Wexford Science & Technology launches Connect Labs, a new life science coworking space on the Phoenix Bioscience Core
- TGen, University of Wisconsin researchers use machine learning to make early detection of cancer more accessible
- NAU’s Occupational Therapy Program receives 10-year reaccreditation
- Northern Arizona University PA student goes to Washington to advocate for Dreamers like herself
- Meet Exact Sciences: The PBC company behind Cologuard